Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie Client Installation issue

New Contributor

Hi I am Installing 3 Node cluster using HDP Stack 2.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 My connections to Oozie was success during the installation steps and was verified. However during deployment .I am getting the following error

" Preparing to unpack .../mysql-connector-java_5.1.37-2_all.deb ... Unpacking mysql-connector-java (5.1.37-2) ... dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/mysql-connector-java_5.1.37-2_all.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite '/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar', which is also in package libmysql-java 5.1.28-1 Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/mysql-connector-java_5.1.37-2_all.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)".

Any insight is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hi,

Got past the oozie Client issue and it got resolved. I uninstalled an existing package libmysql-java-5.1.2.8 package which is conflicting with HDP2.3 mysql package.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Hi,

Got past the oozie Client issue and it got resolved. I uninstalled an existing package libmysql-java-5.1.2.8 package which is conflicting with HDP2.3 mysql package.