Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie Error Code: E1100 & ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1]

Contributor

Hello I am trying to do this example Hadoop Data Pipeline ...here I am running a Flume agent where Flume copies files from local to HDFS & Falcon does the job of processing data files & after data is processed,Hive processing lineage will be available in Apache Atlas...but the Oozie job is failing as I see on Oozie Web UI...I went through the logs of Oozie & Falcon & in the logs of Oozie,I don`t see the main reason for the Error but I am seeing this 2 errors : Oozie Error Code: E1100 & ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1] ..I can't get any solution to solve this problem....what can be the root cause of this error ?? Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

You have a Shell action which fails. For whatever reason. You need to find the logs of the application.

There are essentially 3 logs in oozie

The oozie log ( of the server )

The launcher log, which would most likely be interesting for you. You can find it in Hue, the oozie ui ( under the action logs ) or in yarn. This should have some information on what went wrong. ( Look for an oozie launcher in resource manager )

The Application log, not applicable for a shell action but for example for a pig action or other map reduce actions. Also Hue or yarn.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

You have a Shell action which fails. For whatever reason. You need to find the logs of the application.

There are essentially 3 logs in oozie

The oozie log ( of the server )

The launcher log, which would most likely be interesting for you. You can find it in Hue, the oozie ui ( under the action logs ) or in yarn. This should have some information on what went wrong. ( Look for an oozie launcher in resource manager )

The Application log, not applicable for a shell action but for example for a pig action or other map reduce actions. Also Hue or yarn.

Master Mentor

oozie logs are not informative, go to Yarn > Resource Manager > job > failed tasked and find your problem there.