Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie FNF: Required Local file base.sh not present

New Contributor

Hi, I'm struggling with the error below while trying to run Oozie workflow containing ssh action:

[FNF], Message [FNF: Required Local file /tmp/oozie-oozi2214367252678167938.dir/ssh/ssh-base.sh not present

Can anyone please suggest a potential cause and resolution? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@ST1

I reckon it is one knonw issue. Oozie will store temp files in /tmp dir. If /tmp dir has been cleaned up , you may hit this error.

As workaround,we can change the tmpdir to different dir and restart the Oozie to make it work.

1. Go to Cloudera Manager > Oozie > Configuration > Java Configuration Options for Oozie Server
  2. Append the following, replacing "/new/directory" with the new path to use:
    -Djava.io.tmpdir=/new/directory

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@ST1 Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Ozzie experts @jAnshula @DennisTong  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

@ST1

I reckon it is one knonw issue. Oozie will store temp files in /tmp dir. If /tmp dir has been cleaned up , you may hit this error.

As workaround,we can change the tmpdir to different dir and restart the Oozie to make it work.

1. Go to Cloudera Manager > Oozie > Configuration > Java Configuration Options for Oozie Server
  2. Append the following, replacing "/new/directory" with the new path to use:
    -Djava.io.tmpdir=/new/directory

New Contributor

@DennisTong 

That\s brilliant, thank you for jumping in so quickly. I am yet to test this (need to have a word with our admins) but I can't tell you how much I appreciate the info. I'll come back with an update as soon as I have it.

@DianaTorresthank you as well for looping in Dennis.

New Contributor

@DennisTong : this did the trick, can't thank you enough!