Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie Installation Issue

Explorer

I am attempting to install HDP 2.3.4 for Windows and have encountered the following error:

"OOZIE: Configuring service config d:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\Service\oozieservice.xml

OOZIE: Updating file d:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\Service\oozieservice.xml to point to executable d:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozied.cmd

OOZIE: Copy Oozie additional Jars

OOZIE: Calling Setup script to add Hadoop libs to the generated oozie.war file Creating OOZIE_TEMP directory 'D:\hdp\oozie-4.2.0.2.3.4.0-3485\oozie-win-distro\temp' 'D:\Java\bin\jar.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I'm not a Java expert, but I did a fairly standard Java install per the installation instructions and there is no "jar.exe" file anywhere in my installation. I have checked other machines and I don't believe jar.exe is part of the current build. I have double checked my Path variable and it has a reference to "d\java" and "d\java\bin". I'm running out of ideas.

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Solution: I had installed both JDK and JRE to the same folder (D:\Java) and for some reason the jar.exe gets blown away. I uninstalled and retinstalled the two Java programs to different folders (with no spaces) and got "jar.exe" and the installation completed successfully.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Todd Smyth from many questions on HCC, usually an Oozie failure on Windows is due to derby database. replace derby with SQL Server and try again.

Explorer
@Artem Ervits

Thanks for the tip. I tried using SQL Server databases rather than derby and ended up with the same oozie java error unfortunately.

Explorer

If it is important, I installed jdk-8u73-windows-x64. I used the default settings except to change the insall path to "d:\java". Also, in command prompt "java -version" works properly.

Explorer

Solution: I had installed both JDK and JRE to the same folder (D:\Java) and for some reason the jar.exe gets blown away. I uninstalled and retinstalled the two Java programs to different folders (with no spaces) and got "jar.exe" and the installation completed successfully.