Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie work flow not finding main class

Explorer

Hello Community,

I am going through this tutorial https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/setting-up-a-spark-development-environment-with-java.html and I am trying to submit it through Oozie work flow. In Hue I am going to Query > Scheduler > Workflow then dropping Java program to actions and then uploading jar file then adding the main class which is Hortonworks.SparkTutorial.Main. When I click to run the Oozie work flow job I keep getting the error of: "Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class Hortonwork.SparkTutorial.Main not found". I'm using intelliJ to do this project so I hold down ctrl and hover over Main and it takes me to MANIFEST.MF file and it says Main-Class: Hortonworks.SparkTutorial.Main so I'm getting the main class definition right I feel like. I cannot figure out why it is saying it can't find my class.

10 REPLIES 10

Community Manager

@jarededrake Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: