Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Overriding the hive-site configuration parameter in hue

New Contributor

When creating a container using hue, I mount volume with the hive configuration. The configuration is taken from the cluster host. In the hive-site.xml has the hive.server 2.authentication parameter, which has the ldap value. With this value, hue does not connect to hive. If I replace it with a KERBEROS value, then the value will change on the host (the host is part of a hadoop cluster). If you copy the hive configurations to the container, they will not be updated when updating in the cluster. When trying to define a variable for the container HIVE_OPTS='--hiveconf hive.server2.authentication=KERBEROS' nothing happens. Is it possible to somehow redefine the variable without changing the original configurations

1 REPLY 1

Community Manager

@Eanhain Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Hue experts @dturnau @Shawn_Wang  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: