Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Permanent HBASE_CONF_PATH setup for Phoenix to run in a secure Hadoop cluster

Hi,

To configure Phoenix to run in a secure Hadoop cluster, every time I need to set HBASE_CONF_PATH=/etc/hbase/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf

Is there anyway we can set that path in cluster level instead of running every time export HBASE_CONF_PATH=/etc/hbase/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf before making jdbc connection using PQS?

FYI... I have tried setting up in hbase-env-template.sh but it doesn't work.

Any help is highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

You can set it globally for the shell in something like /etc/profile (or even better, a file in /etc/profile.d/), but..

Why are you setting HBASE_CONF_PATH to be two values? It should just be the value "/etc/hbase/conf" which the script will default to when you do not have HBASE_CONF_DIR or HBASE_CONF_PATH defined already in the environment. /etc/hbase/conf should also already have a copy of core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml managed by Ambari.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Guru

@SBandaru

Per documentation:

Alternately, you can use the pre-2.2 method:

1. Link the HBase configuration file with the Phoenix libraries:

ln -sf <HBASE_CONFIG_DIR>/hbase-site.xml /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/bin/hbase-site.xml

2. Link the Hadoop configuration file with the Phoenix libraries:

ln -sf <HADOOP_CONFIG_DIR>/core-site.xml /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/bin/core-site.xml

ln -sf >HADOOP_CONFIG_DIR>/hdfs-site.xml /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/bin/hdfs-site.xml

@Sunile Manjee

Thanks for the information, I have seen that but we are using the HDP 2.3, So I would like to know is there any better way instead of symoblic links

Super Guru

You can set it globally for the shell in something like /etc/profile (or even better, a file in /etc/profile.d/), but..

Why are you setting HBASE_CONF_PATH to be two values? It should just be the value "/etc/hbase/conf" which the script will default to when you do not have HBASE_CONF_DIR or HBASE_CONF_PATH defined already in the environment. /etc/hbase/conf should also already have a copy of core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml managed by Ambari.

@Josh Elser

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, that true we need to give export HBASE_CONF_PATH=HBASE_CONFIG_DIR where HBASE_CONF_PATH=/etc/hbase/conf but I have seen in the link it was using both.

I'm familiar setting in /etc/profile but I don't want to make any OS level config changes. Is there anyway we can set it from Ambari?

Super Guru

That documentation does not look correct to me, but maybe I am missing something 🙂

No, there is no way to change your shell profiles via Ambari.