Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Phoenix Query Server - Documentation

On our Dal Enablement session for Hbase, we saw a demo of Phoenix Query Server, with curl examples, as slide below.

Two questions, please:

1- Do we have any documentation for this? Page: https://phoenix.apache.org/server.html does not help a lot and clearly says that it might change in future.

2- PPT below says it is managed by ambari, but I couldnt find it. Is it available from Ambari?

I have a prospect really interested in using Phoenix + .NET

slide:

251-phoenix-query-server.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

For the evolving documentation: see Calcite's documentation pages on Avatica. Avatica is the powering technology behind PQS. Avatica Overview. As (hopefully) outlined in any presentation you saw, there is heavy work going into stabilizing PQS presently. There should be some noticed results of this in the 2.3 maintenance line.

PQS is managed by Ambari in the HDP 2.3 stack. It's located with the rest of the HBase controls. If you didn't install it initially, I'd guess you would use the Add Service workflow to install PQS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

For the evolving documentation: see Calcite's documentation pages on Avatica. Avatica is the powering technology behind PQS. Avatica Overview. As (hopefully) outlined in any presentation you saw, there is heavy work going into stabilizing PQS presently. There should be some noticed results of this in the 2.3 maintenance line.

PQS is managed by Ambari in the HDP 2.3 stack. It's located with the rest of the HBase controls. If you didn't install it initially, I'd guess you would use the Add Service workflow to install PQS.

@Josh Elser please notice that link to Avatica into http://phoenix.apache.org/server.html is broken (404). thanks.

Super Guru

Thanks, @Guilherme Braccialli, I'll try to get that patched on the Phoenix site.