Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Phoenix index becom unavaiable

Rising Star

hello everyone,

My Phoenix's one index Become unavailable. Before can normal work .

but now other is normal.Details are as follows。x

My phoenix table name is "SysAction".

I Create index sql is create index SysActionLog_idx on "SysActionLog" ("CreateTime", "ModuleCode","AppCode","Invoker","ClientIP")

I execute sql with phoenix shell but find can't use phoenix index. How to solve this problem ?

I dont want to rebulid index because rebulid index may be shut down my hbase cluster

9434-temp.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There was bug with one api(PhoenixRuntime#getTable()) in HDP 2.2 where case sensitive tables are not handled properly, that's why automatic rebuilding is not happening to bring your disabled index up to date and make it active for use. Now you have two options either you can move to later version of HDP 2.3( or later ) or you can drop the current index and create ASYNC index on your table (as your table is large) and run IndexTool to create a index data for you by using map reduce job.

Refer for creating ASYNC index and running IndexTool:- http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Rising Star

Thank you !

I find some error in hbase regioneserver log ,TERMINALDATA ’s index state is disable(x)

so now hbase now can rebuild but faild

2016-11-17 06:01:47,352 WARN org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataRegionObserver: ScheduledBuildIndexTask failed! org.apache.phoenix.schema.TableNotFoundException: ERROR 1012 (42M03): Table undefined. tableName=TERMINALDATA at org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImpl.getTable(PMetaDataImpl.java:241) at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixRuntime.getTable(PhoenixRuntime.java:316) at org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataRegionObserver$BuildIndexScheduleTask.run(MetaDataRegionObserver.java:228) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

so i check table schema

9564-011.png

so I Want to know is there relation with table schema

when i create table i din't creat table schema

my create table sql is

create table if not exists "TerminalData" ( "RowKey" varchar primary Key, "ID" varchar, "CtrlAddress" varchar, "CanSN" varchar, "CtrlVersion" varchar, "Voltage" varchar, "A_Voltage" varchar, "B_Voltage" varchar, "C_Voltage" varchar, "Current" varchar, "A_current" varchar, "B_current" varchar, "C_current" varchar, "RatedPower" varchar, "ReactivePower" varchar, "TotalPowerFactor" varchar, "ZeroLineCurrent" varchar, "VoltageUR" varchar, "CurrentUR" varchar, "DirectVoltage" varchar, "DirectCurrent" varchar, "UpTime" varchar, "FaultState" varchar, "ActivePower" varchar, "ChageBillId" varchar, "DataKey" varchar ) default_column_family = 'd'

There seems to be a bug with automatic rebuild code to understand case sensitive table names. can you tell us which version of HDP or phoenix you are using?

Rising Star
  • I use hdinsight, HDinsight version is

9619-090.png

i change some parameter in hbase-site.xml <property> <name>hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period</name> <value>9200000</value></property> <property> <name>hbase.rpc.timeout</name> <value>9200000</value></property> <property> <name>hbase.regionserver.lease.period</name> <value>9200000</value></property> <property> <name>phoenix.query.timeoutMs</name> <value>9200000</value></property>
  • but i Encounter problems this table is 700G
  • My cluster is 5 regionserer(8 core,14G)
  • 9620-012.png

Where is the problem?

Make sure that you have updated hbase-site.xml in your sqlline class path to have properties to take effect.

There was bug with one api(PhoenixRuntime#getTable()) in HDP 2.2 where case sensitive tables are not handled properly, that's why automatic rebuilding is not happening to bring your disabled index up to date and make it active for use. Now you have two options either you can move to later version of HDP 2.3( or later ) or you can drop the current index and create ASYNC index on your table (as your table is large) and run IndexTool to create a index data for you by using map reduce job.

Refer for creating ASYNC index and running IndexTool:- http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html