Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Pig Map reduce permission denied after history server enable

Rising Star

I tried to enable history server using the link , I could do it only till hdfs dis -mkdir -p /app-logs as this was failing and i could not proceed.

Now when I run the pig script which is creating map reduce it is failing.with below error. nay idea?

1. Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=mapred, access=READ, inode="/mr-history/tmp/hdfs/job_1459806783854_0001-1459807556718-hdfs-PigLatin%3ADefaultJobName-1459807582179-1-1-SUCCEEDED-default-1459807564263.jhist":hdfs:hdfs:-rwxrwx---
  2. at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:319)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

From the error above it shows mapred user is trying to create a director under /. Add mapred to user group hdfs and give it permission to rwx.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

From the error above it shows mapred user is trying to create a director under /. Add mapred to user group hdfs and give it permission to rwx.

Master Guru

@Amit SharmaDid this resolve your issue?

Rising Star

Sorry for late reply.. yes it resolved the issue.. Thank you very much

Rising Star

Hi @Sunile Manjee It ws working finr that day. But today when i started my service, data node is not starting up. Can that be related? see the link below for my problem.

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/26802/data-node-process-not-starting-up.html