Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

PutFile processor not showing error but file cannot be found

Contributor

Please, i have files i want to move from a Nifi to a folder in another machine. The  ip address of Nifi & the destination are 173.24.206.40 ,173.24.206.44 respectively, meaning they are on the same network.

I specified 173.24.206.44/home/username/destination_folder as distination directory in PUTFile processor BUT the destination_folder is empty & there was no error.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@rafy 
The PutFile processor is used to write the content of FlowFiles to the local file system. It can not be used to write files tp a remote system.  The reason you are seeing no error is because the PutFile processor is creating that directory path using the ip address as a folder name on your local machine where NiFi is running and writing your FlowFile's content there.

If you want to write a remote server, you would need to use a processor like the putSFTP processor assuming you have an SFTP server running on that remote server that your can successfully connect with.

Another option would be to install NiFi on both servers and use NiFi's Site-to-SIte capability to send FlowFiles from one NiFi to another and then on the receiving NiFi use the putFile processor to write your FlowFile content to disk.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@rafy 
The PutFile processor is used to write the content of FlowFiles to the local file system. It can not be used to write files tp a remote system.  The reason you are seeing no error is because the PutFile processor is creating that directory path using the ip address as a folder name on your local machine where NiFi is running and writing your FlowFile's content there.

If you want to write a remote server, you would need to use a processor like the putSFTP processor assuming you have an SFTP server running on that remote server that your can successfully connect with.

Another option would be to install NiFi on both servers and use NiFi's Site-to-SIte capability to send FlowFiles from one NiFi to another and then on the receiving NiFi use the putFile processor to write your FlowFile content to disk.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

Contributor

Thanks Mr @MattWho . In addition to your solution, i looked into Network Attached Storage & NFS. So i configured nfs server on the source, then configured nfs client on the destination. And lastly mount the source folder to the destination folder on restart.

Thank you all.