Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Python version supported by 6.3.3 Cloudera version

Rising Star

Hi may I know what version of Python does the new 6.3.3 version of Cloudera supported?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Mondi ,

If I am mistaken when I assume that as a minor release, CDH 6.3.3 does not change the overall Python version dependencies established by CDH 6.x in general, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will weigh in here.

If I am not mistaken, you can check the dependencies at this page, under the subheading Software Dependencies. Hope this helps.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

Master Guru

@mon Cloudera Enterprise 6 requires Python 2.6 or higher on RHEL 6 compatible operating systems, but requires Python 2.7 or higher on RHEL 7 compatible operating systems.

Only Hue and Spark2 needed Python 2.7 and rest of all CDH component in C6 train needs Python less than Python3.

You can use Python 3 but not for CDH services until or unless you are trying some custom operations/job which needs some other Python version. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Mondi ,

If I am mistaken when I assume that as a minor release, CDH 6.3.3 does not change the overall Python version dependencies established by CDH 6.x in general, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will weigh in here.

If I am not mistaken, you can check the dependencies at this page, under the subheading Software Dependencies. Hope this helps.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator

Rising Star

Thanks @ask_bill_brooks for answering and for the help. as per this link, Python 3 is not supported by Cloudera enterprise 6.x so python 2.6 and up is supported.

I'm still open if there would be other explanations that can be posted here. Thanks in advance!

Master Guru

@mon Cloudera Enterprise 6 requires Python 2.6 or higher on RHEL 6 compatible operating systems, but requires Python 2.7 or higher on RHEL 7 compatible operating systems.

Only Hue and Spark2 needed Python 2.7 and rest of all CDH component in C6 train needs Python less than Python3.

You can use Python 3 but not for CDH services until or unless you are trying some custom operations/job which needs some other Python version. 

Cheers!

Rising Star

@GangWarThanks!

New Contributor

Wondering if this has changes since 2020

What version of Python are supported for Cloudera 6.3.3.  Our customer wants to use Python 3.9.2?

Thanks,
Karen

Community Manager

@klhinva

The link provided by @ask_bill_brooks will show the current information. Here is an updated link directly to the Software Dependencies section. I hope this helps. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program