Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Question on the "Atlas Check" When Upgrading to HDP 2.6.0: To Remove Atlas or Not?

Explorer

I am upgrading from HDP 2.3.2 to HDP 2.6.0. Should I remove Atlas before the actual HDP cluster upgrade? Thanks.

In the HDP 2.6.0 "Apache Ambari Upgrade" (dated April 3, 2017), there is an "Atlas Check" section on page 36. The document says, "If you are upgrading to HDP 2.5 and have Atlas installed in your HDP 2.3 or 2.4 cluster, Atlas must be removed prior to upgrading to HDP 2.5 after you have upgraded to Ambari-2.4.x."

Here is my scenario:

<1> I am upgrading to HDP 2.6.0 (not 2.5).

<2> I have Atlas installed in my HDP 2.3.2 cluster.

<3> I just upgraded to Ambari-2.5.2 (not 2.4.x).

I suppose the answer is "Yes, remove Atlas now, and add it after the upgrade to HDP 2.6.0". But I just want to double-check and be sure. Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@William Lu - yes, you would need to delete Atlas service and install it back after upgrade to HDP-2.6.0

Atlas was in Tech Preview mode in earlier versions of HDP like v2.3 and v2.4, so once you install new Atlas post upgrade - it will be a full blown GA'ed version that you will get. More about Atlas here

Hope this helps!

------

Vivek

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rising Star

@William Lu - yes, you would need to delete Atlas service and install it back after upgrade to HDP-2.6.0

Atlas was in Tech Preview mode in earlier versions of HDP like v2.3 and v2.4, so once you install new Atlas post upgrade - it will be a full blown GA'ed version that you will get. More about Atlas here

Hope this helps!

------

Vivek