Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Random Alerts for Hive in Ambari

Rising Star

Hi,

After restarting the cluster randomly we see couple of red alerts in Ambari. Earlier also I remember seeing them sometime back and now again I see them again.

Can you suggest what could be going wrong?

I checked the ports 10001 and 9083 are open/in use.

HiveHive Metastore Process

====================================

Connection failed on host HIVE_HOST:10001 (Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh su ambari-qa -l -s /bin/bash -c 'export PATH='"'"'/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/ambari-server/*:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/ambari-server/*:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/var/lib/ambari-agent:/var/lib/ambari-agent:/bin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/lib/hive/bin/:/usr/sbin/'"'"' ; ! beeline -u '"'"'jdbc:hive2://HIVE_HOST:10001/;transportMode=http;httpPath=cliservice;principal=hive/_HOST@REALM.COM'"'"' -e '"'"''"'"' 2>&1| awk '"'"'{print}'"'"'|grep -i -e '"'"'Connection refused'"'"' -e '"'"'Invalid URL'"'"''' was killed due timeout after 30 seconds)

HiveHiveServer2 Process

=============================

Metastore on HIVE_HOST failed (Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh su ambari-qa -l -s /bin/bash -c 'export PATH='"'"'/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/ambari-server/*:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/ambari-server/*:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/var/lib/ambari-agent:/var/lib/ambari-agent:/bin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/sbin/:/usr/hdp/current/hive-metastore/bin'"'"' ; export HIVE_CONF_DIR='"'"'/usr/hdp/current/hive-metastore/conf/conf.server'"'"' ; hive --hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=thrift://HIVE_HOST:9083 --hiveconf hive.metastore.client.connect.retry.delay=1 --hiveconf hive.metastore.failure.retries=1 --hiveconf hive.metastore.connect.retries=1 --hiveconf hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout=14 --hiveconf hive.execution.engine=mr -e '"'"'show databases;'"'"''' was killed due timeout after 30 seconds)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Darpan Patel I have seen this behavior during the network hicups or when cluster is overloaded.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Darpan Patel I have seen this behavior during the network hicups or when cluster is overloaded.

Rising Star

Well but network is stable here. And no jobs are running on the cluster!

Master Mentor

@Darpan Patel I recommend opening a support case and let support take a look.

Rising Star

Alright Neeraj. @Neeraj Sabharwal

Thank you again 🙂

New Contributor

Hi did you ever get an answer to the time out errors? Is there a way to extend the timeout to allow them to finish?

Contributor

Also I had meet the second problem? How can I update the connect timeout setting? There were test environment not enough resources so I don't mind it.