Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger Admin Zookeeper Secure Connection String

New Contributor

We are running Ranger Admin version 2.1.0 and we want to establish secure connectivity to zookeeper on port 2182 but connectivity is failing.      Has anyone been able connect to zookeeper using a secure port?

6 REPLIES 6

Community Manager

@MariaZ Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Ranger experts @vamsi_redd @Atahar  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Rising Star

Hi @MariaZ 

In order for zookeeper to use secure port 2182, you need to make sure your cluster is TLS enabled
and also  -- > This port used in ZooKeeper to accept TLS/SSL connections from clients. You need to select 'Enable TLS/SSL for ZooKeeper' in order to have this port open. Any client that connects to this port must use TLS/SSL."

Hope this answers your request.

Regards,
Puneeth 

New Contributor

thank you @Puni,  

Zookeeper is configured to accept TLS/SSL Connections from clients, and in ranger admin add new configuration section I am setting zookeeper.client.secure = true

Is there anything else that needs to be set?

Rising Star

Hi @MariaZ 

That should be all. However zookeeper.client.secure = true is something I don't see if needed. But if this value helps, you can leave it and check.

Regards,

Puneeth

New Contributor

hi @Puni 

Its not working, in the ranger admin logs, i see this error:org.apache.ranger.services.kafka.RangerServiceKafka

2024-03-08 13:38:11,851 [timed-executor-pool-0] ERROR org.apache.ranger.services.kafka.RangerServiceKafka (RangerServiceKafka.java:67) - <== RangerServiceKafka.validateConfig Error:java.lang.InterruptedException
2024-03-08 13:38:11,851 [timed-executor-pool-0] ERROR org.apache.ranger.biz.ServiceMgr$TimedCallable (ServiceMgr.java:610) - TimedCallable.call: Error:java.lang.InterruptedException

Rising Star

Hi @MariaZ 

The error above may be a different issue . Hard to say its due to the enablement of TLS/SSL on Zookeeper.

you may better raise case with the error message to troubleshoot it with logs to identify what is causing the java InterruptedException.

Regards,

Puneeth