Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger Audit stopped working after server reboot

Super Collaborator

Hello

We use Ranger for auditing Hive. Yesterday at 15:20 after restarting the Server that runs Ambari (Ambari audits to the default mysql which is on the same server) the auditing has stopped working. Ranger is up & running, mysql is also running, plugins are working and synced with Hiveserver2. Yet no data is being audited to he db since the reboot of the server. I've queried the xa_ranger_audit table and it shows entries up until the server reboot.

Clearly something imperative is not running.

Any suggestions are appreciated !

9856-snap-2016-11-29-at-110830.png

9857-snap-2016-11-29-at-110847.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Found the problem.

Investigating the hiveserver2.log showed that rangerlogger failed to flush data to the db due to permission problem (Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'rangerlogger'@'<server>' (using password: YES) Error Code: 1045)

After granting the permissions it flushed the data successfully.

Now i just need to figure out what caused the loss of permissions and how the hell it is related to the server reboot....

Thanks for all your help !

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Super Collaborator

Found the problem.

Investigating the hiveserver2.log showed that rangerlogger failed to flush data to the db due to permission problem (Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'rangerlogger'@'<server>' (using password: YES) Error Code: 1045)

After granting the permissions it flushed the data successfully.

Now i just need to figure out what caused the loss of permissions and how the hell it is related to the server reboot....

Thanks for all your help !