Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger edit policy problem

Explorer

ranger-edit-policy-problem.png

Hi Guys,

I have 10 policies on Hive service. When i try to edit one of them, page is hang on loading stage. I checked catalina.out, xa_portal.log, xa_portal_sql.log in rangeradmin log directory and also postgresql.log which used by ranger but i did not find any error log.

Do anybody have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi all,

I fixed it from https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/24527/ranger-web-ui-is-loading-very-slow-and-policies-ta... by @Ramesh Mani's answer. There are so many duplicate records in x_group_users table.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Expert Contributor
@ilhami Kalkan

How much data do you have on these policies? and most of the times it occurs due to data load.

Explorer

@Venkata Sudheer Kumar M

About 50 users ,several table and db names on policies.

Explorer

Error occured in catalina.out :

SEVERE: The exception contained within MappableContainerException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.util.IdentityHashMap.resize(IdentityHashMap.java:471) at java.util.IdentityHashMap.put(IdentityHashMap.java:440) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.calculateChanges(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:680) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.writeChanges(RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.java:438) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.flush(EntityManagerImpl.java:863) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.performPreQueryFlush(QueryImpl.java:963) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.executeReadQuery(QueryImpl.java:207) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:469) at org.apache.ranger.common.db.BaseDao.findByNamedQuery(BaseDao.java:139) at org.apache.ranger.common.db.BaseDao.findByParentId(BaseDao.java:148) at org.apache.ranger.service.XUserService.populateUserAttributes(XUserService.java:249) at org.apache.ranger.service.XUserService.populateViewBean(XUserService.java:212) at org.apache.ranger.service.XUserService.populateViewBean(XUserService.java:51) at org.apache.ranger.service.XUserServiceBase.searchXUsers(XUserServiceBase.java:77) at org.apache.ranger.biz.XUserMgrBase.searchXUsers(XUserMgrBase.java:140) at org.apache.ranger.rest.XUserREST.searchXUsers(XUserREST.java:331) at org.apache.ranger.rest.XUserREST$FastClassByCGLIB$b2a65360.invoke(<generated>) at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:191) at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:689) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150) at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:110) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172) at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:622) at org.apache.ranger.rest.XUserREST$EnhancerByCGLIB$1aefd35b.searchXUsers(<generated>) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$TypeOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:168) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:70) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:279) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:136) Jan 12, 2017 10:53:34 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [REST Service] in context with path [/] threw exception [java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space] with root cause java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

what is the current heap size configured? can you increase the heap size and try again?

Explorer

Ranger runs with -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xmx4096m -Xms4096m params. I tried to increase heap size but it did not solve the problem.

New Contributor

Can you provide ranger/HDP version details?

Explorer

HDP-2.3.0.0-2557 and Ranger version is 0.5.0.2.3. Ranger runs with -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xmx4096m -Xms4096m params.

Explorer

Hi all,

I fixed it from https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/24527/ranger-web-ui-is-loading-very-slow-and-policies-ta... by @Ramesh Mani's answer. There are so many duplicate records in x_group_users table.