Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger 'test connection' for Atlas fails

Contributor

I'm having problems integrating Ranger and Atlas in a clean HDP 2.5 environment. Ranger sync Atlas policies and Atlas is auditing, but when I click on "test connection" from the Ranger Atlas Repo, the test fails.

The log /var/log/ranger/admin/xa_portal.log shows that there is a missing dependency in Ranger.

11937-atlas-test-connection-fails-classnotfoundexception.png

To fix it I copied the ranger-atlas.plugin-VERSION.jar to the lib folder of Ranger.

cp /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/atlas/libext/ranger-atlas-plugin-impl/ranger-atlas-plugin-0.6.0.2.5.0.0-1245.jar /usr/hdp/current/ranger-admin/ews/lib

After that, the error changes and now i'm getting a ClassCastException that I don't know how to fix it. Anyone knows how to fix it or has passed the "test connection" for the Ranger Atlas plugin.

11938-atlas-test-connection-fails-cast-exception.png

Thanks in advanced 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Javier Teixeira Quevedo

Also please check in ranger install folder /usr/hdp/2.XXXX/ranger-admin/ews/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ranger-plugins , atlas/ranger-atlas-plugin.*.jar is present.

This is same plugin jar which is part of atlas ranger plugin install.

SOLUTION :

1. cp /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/atlas/libext/ranger-atlas-plugin-impl/ranger-atlas-plugin-0.6.0.2.5.0.0-1245.jar /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/ranger-admin/ews/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ranger-plugins/atlas folder

and not to /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/ranger-admin/ews/lib folder

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

Do you have all of the clients installed on the host? Check the host page and confirm. What is the output of the following command?

hdp-select atlas
hdp-select ranger

Contributor

Yes, all clients are installing on the host

Contributor

Thanks, but bug RANGER-1271 is related with Ranger 0.7 and HDP 2.5 include Ranger 0.6

Super Collaborator

@Javier Teixeira Quevedo

Also please check in ranger install folder /usr/hdp/2.XXXX/ranger-admin/ews/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ranger-plugins , atlas/ranger-atlas-plugin.*.jar is present.

This is same plugin jar which is part of atlas ranger plugin install.

SOLUTION :

1. cp /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/atlas/libext/ranger-atlas-plugin-impl/ranger-atlas-plugin-0.6.0.2.5.0.0-1245.jar /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/ranger-admin/ews/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ranger-plugins/atlas folder

and not to /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/ranger-admin/ews/lib folder

Contributor

You are right, the atlas folder is missing as the below screenshot shows.

11992-atlas-ranger-plugin-missing.png

Executing below commands and restarting Ranger service after it, the "test connection" works.

cd /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/ranger-admin/ews/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ranger-plugins
mkdir atlas
cp /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/atlas/libext/ranger-atlas-plugin-impl/ranger-atlas-plugin-0.6.0.2.5.0.0-1245.jar atlas/
chown -R ranger:ranger atlas

11993-connection-successfully.png

Thanks @Ramesh Mani 🙂