Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger user sync error: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903CF

Rising Star
07 Dec 2015 11:33:12  INFO UserGroupSync [UnixUserSyncThread] - initializing sink: org.apache.ranger.unixusersync.process.PolicyMgrUserGroupBuilder
07 Dec 2015 11:33:13  INFO LdapUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - LdapUserGroupBuilder created
07 Dec 2015 11:33:13  INFO UserGroupSync [UnixUserSyncThread] - initializing source: org.apache.ranger.ldapusersync.process.LdapUserGroupBuilder
07 Dec 2015 11:33:13  INFO UserGroupSync [UnixUserSyncThread] - Begin: initial load of user/group from source==>sink
07 Dec 2015 11:33:13  INFO LdapUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - LDAPUserGroupBuilder updateSink started
07 Dec 2015 11:33:13  INFO LdapUserGroupBuilder [UnixUserSyncThread] - LdapUserGroupBuilder initialization started
07 Dec 2015 11:33:13 ERROR UserGroupSync [UnixUserSyncThread] - Failed to initialize UserGroup source/sink. Will retry after 30000 milliseconds. Error details:
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903CF, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v2580^@]
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3135)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:3081)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2883)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2797)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(LdapCtx.java:319)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(LdapCtxFactory.java:192)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(LdapCtxFactory.java:210)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(LdapCtxFactory.java:153)
  at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(LdapCtxFactory.java:83)
  at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:684)
  at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:313)
  at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:244)
  at javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.<init>(InitialLdapContext.java:154)
  at org.apache.ranger.ldapusersync.process.LdapUserGroupBuilder.createLdapContext(LdapUserGroupBuilder.java:149)
  at org.apache.ranger.ldapusersync.process.LdapUserGroupBuilder.updateSink(LdapUserGroupBuilder.java:262)
  at org.apache.ranger.usergroupsync.UserGroupSync.run(UserGroupSync.java:58)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Mike,

This error usually occurs if the bind credentials (bind dn and/or bind password) are incorrect. Can you please verify those?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Master Mentor

@Mike Li please check the credentials and ldap configs

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21290631

Master Mentor

@Mike Li

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/User+directory+sync+fails+with+LDAP+Error+Code+49

52e = invalid credentials

LDAP: error code 49-80090308:LdapErr: DSID-0C0903CF, comment:AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e,

Rising Star

Thanks all for providing possible reasons and solutions. I verified the user and password, they are correct. The only thing I can think of now is that whether from SysAdmin/Unix side, they need doing something, like to grant these users/goups to access the boxes??

Master Mentor

@Mike Li

Yes..thats true. Look into sssd or nslcd.

Are you able to access LDAP broweser using LDAP credentials?

Rising Star

Yes. I can use LDAP browser\Editor using the same credential.

Rising Star

Neeraj,

You are right the password got messed up. After correcting it, it starts to sync users/groups with AD.

Mike

Master Mentor

@Mike Li Did it help to resolve the issue? Thanks for confirming and updating the thread.

Expert Contributor

Mike,

This error usually occurs if the bind credentials (bind dn and/or bind password) are incorrect. Can you please verify those?

Rising Star

But I am sure my user and credentials are right, since I can use the credential in LDAP browser.