Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Re: How do I find actual IP address of my hostname?

New Contributor

[Moderator's note: The following question was originally posted to this thread which was marked 'solved' ‎08-21-2013.]

Can you please elaborate on "Hostname shoud be tied to an actual IP address"?
And this

"Use "ifconfig -a" to see a listing of your network interfaces and choose one that has an actual IP address. "

How do I find actual IP address of my hostname?

4 REPLIES 4

@Shriniwas It isn't clear what the context of your question is, as you posted it to a very old thread that had many intervening replies. Are you attempting to install Cloudrea Manager or are you just asking how to use the ifconfig command?

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Expert Contributor

@Shriniwas - You can use the "hostname -i" to check the IP address of the hostname.

New Contributor

@ask_bill_brooks  Yes!. I am trying to install Cloudera manager on my CentOS 7 machine. But I am facing some problems while installing. As I installed cloudera manager on my machine and got stuck at cluster installation step. 

After many attempts on cluster installation step, some how I managed downloading CDH repository on localhost but now while distributing the packages I am getting "Host is in bad health" error. 
I am not sure if I am going right way or not, but I think there is something wrong with my localhost iptables or may be firewall issue. 

"My ultimate aim is to install Cloudera manager the latest version on my CentOS 7 machine as a single node cluster, so I can use Hadoop, hive and Impala and other software's for learning purpose."   

Master Collaborator

Hi @Shriniwas 

Please refer our installation guide [1] and review the steps performed so far.

I would suggest to review the steps under document [2] to ensure the environment is correctly setup before installation.

[1]

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/installation.html

[2]

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/installation.html#install_cm_cdh