Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Rebuilding CM Host after file system crash. How can I disable HTTPS on the Admin Web Console from CLI?

Explorer

Had a file system crash, rebuilt Cloudera Manager host with the same everything--except the private TLS key for HTTPS. My psql db is still in tact, so the rebuilt CM host is connecting to it and getting configurations from the previous server. Is this a bad idea? Should I create a new database for the rebuilt CM host, or can I have it connect to the previous db and disable HTTPS manually somehow so I can access the web console and update it from there?

Would it be a better idea to just regenerate new keys with the same password? I've never done this before, so I am unclear on any potential conflicts if a new Cloudera Manager server connects to an existing Cloudera Manager database.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Cl0ck You can always use OLD database, this is not am issue. For disabling TLS for admin console from CLI you can use below method.

1. Determine Cloudera Manager Database

cat /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties

2. Make database backup

Postgres Backup:
----------------
pg_dump scm > scm_db_.backup

3. Connect to database

Postgres Connect:
------------------
psql -U scm -h localhost -p 7432 -d postgres
Password for user scm:
postgres=> \l
postgres=> \c scm

4. Show TLS related rows
select * from CONFIGS where attr like '%tls%';

5. Update TLS for web_tls
update CONFIGS set value = 'false' where attr = 'web_tls';

You can generate the key and password as well with same method you did previously. Else please for reference you can use this doc. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/how_to_configure_cm_tls.html

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

@Cl0ck You can always use OLD database, this is not am issue. For disabling TLS for admin console from CLI you can use below method.

1. Determine Cloudera Manager Database

cat /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties

2. Make database backup

Postgres Backup:
----------------
pg_dump scm > scm_db_.backup

3. Connect to database

Postgres Connect:
------------------
psql -U scm -h localhost -p 7432 -d postgres
Password for user scm:
postgres=> \l
postgres=> \c scm

4. Show TLS related rows
select * from CONFIGS where attr like '%tls%';

5. Update TLS for web_tls
update CONFIGS set value = 'false' where attr = 'web_tls';

You can generate the key and password as well with same method you did previously. Else please for reference you can use this doc. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/how_to_configure_cm_tls.html

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.