Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Recover Knox admin password

Explorer

Hi,

I have inherited some Hadoop 3.1.1 clusters. There is a configured connection between SAP BO and Hadoop using Knox 1.0.0 as the Proxy for authentication.

The problem that I have is that I don´t count with user to authenticate to Knox, and I need to edit the gateway.

Is there a way to recover the admin password?

Thanks for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @josr89 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. You have mentioned Hadoop 3.1.1 & I am assuming you aren't referring to any HDP/CDH (Legacy) or CDP Platforms.

The Steps to recover Knox Admin Password is more akin to reset of Knox Admin Password & does involve re-provisioning the Certificates and Credentials. This is a fairly risky Operation & we would recommend performing the same with Cloudera Support. The Doc [1] covers the same for your reference. 

Regards, Smarak

[1]Change the Master Secret (cloudera.com) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

Hello @josr89 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. You have mentioned Hadoop 3.1.1 & I am assuming you aren't referring to any HDP/CDH (Legacy) or CDP Platforms.

The Steps to recover Knox Admin Password is more akin to reset of Knox Admin Password & does involve re-provisioning the Certificates and Credentials. This is a fairly risky Operation & we would recommend performing the same with Cloudera Support. The Doc [1] covers the same for your reference. 

Regards, Smarak

[1]Change the Master Secret (cloudera.com)