Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Remove HDF mpack

New Contributor

I am in the process of deploying my first HDP, and HDF combined cluster. I installed HDP 2.6.5 in a 5 nodes environment, and trying to install HDF mpack on top of it.

However, I accidentally installed wrong version of the HDF mpack, and wondering if there is a way I can remove it and re-install the correct HDF mpack.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Paul Lam I ran into the same issue in the past. Basically you will need to stop the Amberi server, then use a hidden command to remove the mpack, then reinstall the proper HDF mpack.

Here are the steps I took to get it resolved:

step1: ambari-server stop

step2: ambari-server uninstall-mpack --mpack-name=hdf-ambari-mpack --verbose

step3: ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=hdf-ambari-mpack-<version>.tar.gz --verbose

step4: ambari-server start

Please accept the answer if it helped. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Paul Lam

Please review this HCC link instructions:

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/supportkb/178553/more-than-one-mpack-installed-for-the-sam...

you will find the command to remove the mpack installed

ambari-server uninstall-mpack --mpack-name=hdf-ambari-mpack --verbose

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

Expert Contributor

@Paul Lam I ran into the same issue in the past. Basically you will need to stop the Amberi server, then use a hidden command to remove the mpack, then reinstall the proper HDF mpack.

Here are the steps I took to get it resolved:

step1: ambari-server stop

step2: ambari-server uninstall-mpack --mpack-name=hdf-ambari-mpack --verbose

step3: ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=hdf-ambari-mpack-<version>.tar.gz --verbose

step4: ambari-server start

Please accept the answer if it helped. Thanks.

New Contributor

I follow those four steps, and it worked. Thanks again.

Explorer

Post reinstalling HDF mpack getting below error :

ERROR: Failed to execute after-install hook. Failed with error code after-install
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.4.1.1-4/hooks/after_install.py", line 36, in <module>
smartsense_versioner.fix_smartsense_versions()
File "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.4.1.1-4/hooks/smartsense_versioner.py", line 58, in fix_smartsense_versions
shell.checked_call(["cp", "-f", source_view_jar_file_path, new_view_jar_file_path], sudo=True)
File "/usr/lib/ambari-server/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 72, in inner
result = function(command, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/ambari-server/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 102, in checked_call
tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep, timeout_kill_strategy=timeout_kill_strategy, returns=returns)
File "/usr/lib/ambari-server/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
File "/usr/lib/ambari-server/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 314, in _call
raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'cp -f /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDF/3.2.b/services/SMARTSENSE/package/files/view/smartsense-ambari-view-2.7.4.jar /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDF/3.2.b/services/SMARTSENSE/package/files/view/smartsense-ambari-view-1.5.0.2.7.4.0-118.jar' returned 1. cp: cannot stat '/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDF/3.2.b/services/SMARTSENSE/package/files/view/smartsense-ambari-view-2.7.4.jar': No such file or directory

ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1.
REASON: Failed to execute after-install hook. Failed with error code after-install

Super Mentor

@Aaki_08 

You may want to try executing following commands:
1. On the Ambari server host:

ambari-server stop

2. On all hosts

ambari-agent stop

3. On Ambari server host:

ambari-server uninstall-mpack --mpack-name=hdf-ambari-mpack --verbose

Hope this helps you,

Matt