Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Renaming an CML Team name

Contributor

Hi,

I'm using CDP Public cloud(7.2.15) with CML (2.0.34-b116) and have a Team created. However, we now want to rename the team name but dont have any option in the UI. Is there any option available through API??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @brajeshreddy 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. On a CML v2.0.34-b116, I was able to rename the Team's Name via UI as shared below via [1] & [2].

Upon Clicking On Team's Name, I get the UI [3], which allows me to modify the Team's Name. Since I am using the same Version as yours, the Issue likely lies with Permission (You may review the Access granted at Environment Level), Caching (You may clear the Browser Cache) etc. If both of the above checks aren't helpful, I suggest engaging Cloudera Support to ensure a Screen-Sharing Session can be done with your team to review further.

Regards, Smarak

[1] Name Before Change:
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.45.36 PM.png

[2] Name After Change:
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.46.04 PM.png

[3] Name Change Provisioning:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.47.42 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hello @brajeshreddy 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. On a CML v2.0.34-b116, I was able to rename the Team's Name via UI as shared below via [1] & [2].

Upon Clicking On Team's Name, I get the UI [3], which allows me to modify the Team's Name. Since I am using the same Version as yours, the Issue likely lies with Permission (You may review the Access granted at Environment Level), Caching (You may clear the Browser Cache) etc. If both of the above checks aren't helpful, I suggest engaging Cloudera Support to ensure a Screen-Sharing Session can be done with your team to review further.

Regards, Smarak

[1] Name Before Change:
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.45.36 PM.png

[2] Name After Change:
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.46.04 PM.png

[3] Name Change Provisioning:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.47.42 PM.png

Super Collaborator

Hello @brajeshreddy 

Since the Issue isn't replicated with CML release internally & your team have engaged Cloudera Support for further assistance, We shall Close the Post now. 

For our fellow Community Users, the Steps to perform the Team's Name Modification is shared above. Assuming the same isn't working for Customers, Ensure you are connected as MLAdmin & Caching is ruled out as well. 

Regards, Smarak