Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Reports manager table structure?

New Contributor

Hi,

I have just downloaded the quickstart Cloudera VM and when I try to start all services it fails telling me that Service mgmt has 0 Reports Managers. Cloudera Management Service requires at least 1 Reports Manager.

I tried to configure Reports Manager by adding a Role instance for Reports Manager, however it requires me to give a databasename and a tablename. My question is what columns or table structure should I have for reports manager?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @Raja723 ,

Could you please share a screenshot for us to see which step you were asked to enter database name and table name?

Please use the Add a Role wizard to add the Reports Manager role. During the step, it should ask you the database host, database type, database name and username/password. As long as you specify the values correctly, the wizard should do a database connection and create the necessary tables in the database for you automatically.

Please make sure you follow the documentation to create the database first and make sure that CM server can make successful connection to the RMAN database.

Here is the documentation for Mysql:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ig_mysql.html#mysql_configure_cm...

Thanks and hope this helps,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

Hi @Raja723 ,

Could you please share a screenshot for us to see which step you were asked to enter database name and table name?

Please use the Add a Role wizard to add the Reports Manager role. During the step, it should ask you the database host, database type, database name and username/password. As long as you specify the values correctly, the wizard should do a database connection and create the necessary tables in the database for you automatically.

Please make sure you follow the documentation to create the database first and make sure that CM server can make successful connection to the RMAN database.

Here is the documentation for Mysql:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ig_mysql.html#mysql_configure_cm...

Thanks and hope this helps,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum