Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SAP HANA / SAP HANA Vora Processor for Apache NiFi

Master Guru

Is there an official (or open source) NiFi Processor for SAP HANA or SAP HANA Vora?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru
@Timothy Spann

There is no officially supported processor to schedule VORA jobs using NiFi. However, A VORA agent communicates directly with the Spark Client when running in Yarn mode. You can write your program in Python or Scala which invokes the VORA classes and then call those scripts through spark-submit in NiFi using the ExecuteCommand processor.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

To do what? Launch a Spark job? Run a query against Spark Thrift Server?

I haven't seen a mention of a processor with SAP or Vora in the name. You can always check the docs here to see what processors are supported out of the box.

Master Guru

I thinking SAP HANA as a source / sink going through VORA. Or launching VORA jobs.

I don't know what if any additional interfaces Vora supports, but traditional Spark has a JDBC/ODBC/Thrift server which you can use with ExecuteSQL. You can query/launch jobs that way.

If it's traditional programmatic jobs, you'd need to use InvokeHTTP to talk to YARN's RM to launch a job, OR, use ExecuteCommand to launch a job from the spark-submit scripts.

Guru
@Timothy Spann

There is no officially supported processor to schedule VORA jobs using NiFi. However, A VORA agent communicates directly with the Spark Client when running in Yarn mode. You can write your program in Python or Scala which invokes the VORA classes and then call those scripts through spark-submit in NiFi using the ExecuteCommand processor.