Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[SOLVED] Using an External Source in Cloudbreak

Hi All,

Trying to add an Azure Database for Postgres (v10). I am able to access it using psql from my host however when trying to add it to Hortonworks as an External Source gives the following issue:

107141-1552492174828.png

Kind Regards,

Nathaniel Vala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

Hi Nathaniel,

This issue discovered and fixed in Cloudbreak 2.7.2. You can update to this version easily, here are the steps:

1. Navigate to your deployment directory

2. Run the following commands:

export CBD_VERSION=2.7.2
 curl -Ls public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/cloudbreak/cloudbreak-deployer_${CBD_VERSION}_$(uname)_x86_64.tgz | tar -xz -C /bin cbd
  • $(uname) will be replaced automatically with Linux or Darwin according to the OS you are running it

> If you would like to download via browser, replace2.7.2 and $(uname) in the URL and then paste the URL in the browser and extract into the /bin directory

3.Verify the version

cbd version 

4.Next, restart Cloudbreak by using:

cbd restart 

Let me know if you need any help!

Br,

Gergely

Hi @Gergely Topolyai, Thanks for the recommendation, I upgraded to 2.9.0 however was still not able to connect. However this time I got a more verbose message, looks like it is an Azure routing / compatibility issue.

107263-screen-shot-2019-03-19-at-100254-am.png

@Nathaniel Vala This might be of help.

Thanks! This solved the issue. Once I had removed the SQL service endpoint from the VNet that hosted my cloudbreak VM everything worked fine 🙂

107357-1553584467311.png