Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Salesforce integration with Hortonworks Data Flow (Apache Nifi)

The requirement is to extract data from Salesforce and to ingest into Hive. Is this a good use case for HDF?

The main requirement is to pull data from Salesforce. What processors are appropriate here?

The invokeHttp processor and/or ExtractText processor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

You could use the invokeHTTP processor to connect to a restAPI to pull data. Once NiFi has the data you could do things like extract parts of the data in to NiFi FlowFIle attributes using the extractText processor.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

@Ancil McBarnett their API guide shows every which possible way. I'd use the rest processors in Nifi for that.

Super Mentor

You could use the invokeHTTP processor to connect to a restAPI to pull data. Once NiFi has the data you could do things like extract parts of the data in to NiFi FlowFIle attributes using the extractText processor.

Rising Star

Matt, if you have the detailed document on importing data from Salesforce to Hadoop using nifi, please share.

New Contributor

Explorer

The invokeHTTP processor would work best, you would need to follow SalesForce authentication guidelines for the rest api: here.

Salesforce requires SOAP login to access API, linking in another discussion about WSDL soap.

Explorer

I came across this thread and my colleague published a more recent option on the DataDirect blog with Salesforce JDBC and Apache Nifi