Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sandbox command line error view

Rising Star

Hi All,

When I execute any command in sandbox, if my command has any syntax error/if something is going wrong while execution, it gives me whole list of error and it takes me to bottom of error how can i see the full error in sandbox from the begining.

My intention is scroll thru the error and see each and every line of my error.

6081-error-list.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

The best bet is to connect to the sandbox with a terminal application that allows you to scroll like PuTTY on Windows or Terminal on Mac.

You can also try running your command and redirecting the output to a file like:

mycommand > myoutput.txt

Then you can look at the file with:

less myoutput.txt

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

The best bet is to connect to the sandbox with a terminal application that allows you to scroll like PuTTY on Windows or Terminal on Mac.

You can also try running your command and redirecting the output to a file like:

mycommand > myoutput.txt

Then you can look at the file with:

less myoutput.txt

Rising Star

@Michael Young Do you mean i should use cygwin/putty to connect to sandbox and then try running these commands so that i can scroll thru my result log?

I was trying to connect to sandbox using cygwin with below command and it does not recognize the command

6083-cygwin.png

cygwin.png

Super Guru

Yes, that is what I was suggesting. For your ssh command, use a lowercase -p instead of uppercase -P.

Rising Star

@Michael Young I tried even using lowercase p it couldn't connect me.

But I just tried with ssh root@192.168.228.128 it works.

Thank you