Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Semantic exception on executing - show partitions `database_name.tablename`; in hive cli

New Contributor

We recently upgraded from hdp 2.6.4 to 2.6.5. After the upgrade i am not able to execute this command - 

show partitions `<database_name>.<table_name>`

The command works fine with 2.6.4 version.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Just an update from my side so that someone else would benefit, if they came across this issue.

Here is the resolution we received from the Cloudera/Hortonworks support team.

Resolution:

We have created followup jira's to support tablenames with (.)dot in HIVE-21198 & HIVE-21151. This 2 jira's are still in progress, but still consider that even if jiras are fixed, `db.table` will be considered as tablename with special characters.

Workaround:

Please consider to update the scripts to split & quote dbname & tablename like `dbname`.`tablename'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Just an update from my side so that someone else would benefit, if they came across this issue.

Here is the resolution we received from the Cloudera/Hortonworks support team.

Resolution:

We have created followup jira's to support tablenames with (.)dot in HIVE-21198 & HIVE-21151. This 2 jira's are still in progress, but still consider that even if jiras are fixed, `db.table` will be considered as tablename with special characters.

Workaround:

Please consider to update the scripts to split & quote dbname & tablename like `dbname`.`tablename'