Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Setting Nifi Sensitive properties from API

New Contributor

Good morning.

I am attempting to automate a deployment of nifi.  I set all the properties I wished to dynamically configure as Parameters and uploaded the parameters through the API.  This included both normal and sensitive parameters.  This worked great.  Next I attempted to upload a flow into a process group.  All normal parameters worked great.  However all sensitive parameters did not get set.  For example. given a parameter my.password, it was set in the flow property as #{my.password}.  So entering it from the GUI one at a time works great, but Every sensitive property set by the import is incorrect.  Is there a fix for this or another approach to be able to set the sensitive properties through the api.  I would prefer not to call each processor which has sensitive properties individually.

Thanks

Rich

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@rich197 

Providing the exact steps you perform to reproduce might help here.  I am not clear in this step: "Next I attempted to upload a flow into a process group".   Are you trying to upload a template  or a flow definition?   A flow definition is a Process group containing one or more components.  A template can be just a collection of components (Templates are deprecated and removed as of Apache NiFi 2.x)

Thank you,

Matt

New Contributor

I attempted to upload a flow definition.  The documentation states that a template will not retain the sensitive properties but a flow definition is supposed to.