Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

bulk database import from hive to atlas, looking for options

New Contributor

https://docs.cloudera.com/runtime/7.2.18/atlas-import-utility/topics/atlas-bulk-migration-import-hiv...

I followed this document import-hive.sh errors out saying failing to parse the arguments.  Looking for any alternate options to bulk import database (having thousands of tables) from hive to atlas as it is going to be time consuming task, and may fail due to time out issue. is there export and import option? pls advise, currently its a challenge to import a database with thousands of tables in it.

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@tulip006 Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Atlas experts @Scharan @mayank_gupta  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

Hi, for now I dont see any options other than using the command-line utility, import-hive.shhttps://atlas.apache.org/#/HookHive

what is the exact error that you are getting? 

Community Manager

@tulip006 Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide the information @mayank_gupta has requested? Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: