Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Setting up a cluster using Ambari Server

Contributor

I am trying to set up a a 3 node cluster (plus dedicated ambari server node) using the ambari server wizard in a virtualized environment. I am using CentOS as the OS for all instances. My setup is 1 node acting as dedicated ambari server, with a 3 node hadoop cluster. I am trying to automatically register hosts but get the following failure message:

"Host registration aborted. Ambari Agent host cannot reach Ambari Server 'localhost:8080'. Please check the network connectivity between the Ambari Agent host and the Ambari Server".

I have made sure the hosts file have entries for each node and can successfully ping each other. It seems that the nodes think that ambari server is installed locally but they should be going to the dedicated ambari server node.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

In the list of nodes you are adding to the cluster (those 3), use FQDNs as hostnames, and avoid using "localhost". Also make sure "hostname -f" command on your Ambari node returns its FQDN. If all that is set, you can try running "ambari-agent reset <Ambari-node-FQDN>" to tell ambari-agents about your Ambari host. That property you can also find in /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ under [server] --> hostname, on each node.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

In the list of nodes you are adding to the cluster (those 3), use FQDNs as hostnames, and avoid using "localhost". Also make sure "hostname -f" command on your Ambari node returns its FQDN. If all that is set, you can try running "ambari-agent reset <Ambari-node-FQDN>" to tell ambari-agents about your Ambari host. That property you can also find in /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ under [server] --> hostname, on each node.

Contributor

Thank you, it looks like the instances didn't have a proper FQDN which was causing connectivity issues.