Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Setup the license version CDP

Explorer

Hi Team,

I have a trial version and want to upgrade to Enterprise.
I have the license too but want to know when we register to Cloudera how is the registration bind with the Cloudera manager?

The registration to Cloudera is done after installing the trial version so will it be possible to link this too? if Yes can you please help me?

If no should we create the new cluster again and then apply the license ? 

6 REPLIES 6

Master Guru

@Golda You can directly apply the license to trial cluster and it will be upgraded to Enterprise edition. For reference : https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ag_licenses.html#cmug_topic_13_7...

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hi @GangWar,

So if going ahead if I have to upgrade/renew the license then what is the thing which will help me to renew since we don't have any binding between Cloudera to Cloudera manager?

Master Guru

@Golda Can you please elaborate below? What do you mean by this? 

we don't have any binding between Cloudera to Cloudera manager?

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

When we create cluster the username created is admin and when we register to Cloudera we don't have a way to have a username, so now how is my Cloudera -manager user admin bind with the Cloudera registered user?

So going ahead if i have to renew license what is the way?

Expert Contributor

Hello

Your license key is issued to your organization, and your organization domain name will be registered with Cloudera, e.g. www.companya.com ; assuming your email is abc@companya.com and you are the owner of the license, your email will be registered, and when you login using your email to Cloudera.com, you will be able to see the license entitlement details

Your Cloudera Manager login users is up to you to define and follow your organization standard, they are your organization internal users, you can even use ID like "admin" as your login user; when you import the license key using Cloudera Manager, and using Cloudera Manager to upload diagnostic bundle to Cloudera to complete the cluster setup, the cluster configuration details will be collected (no user data been collected), details: https://docs.cloudera.com/cloudera-manager/7.3.0/monitoring-and-diagnostics/topics/cm-usage-diagnost...

And then you can also view those information for your cluster when you login cloudera.com, and you can choose the particular cluster to log support case when needed to

When you need to renew the license, usually the account manager will contact you regarding the matter, and work with you on your renewal and expansion plan; once you made the decision and renewed the subscription, a new licence key will be issued to you and you can apply the new license key with Cloudera Manager

You can always contact the account team to update the license owner, and the list of emails you would like receiving support case update, etc

Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for the explanation and for the help.