Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SolR query and document download

I am new to nifi and SolR. I am trying to create a search engine for emails. I am using nifi flow and putsolrcontentstream to index the emails. When I query in SolR, I am able to see the results. But I am not able to get the path of the emails.
Is there a way to get the file path displayed in the search result, so that a user can download the required file?
I also see that there is a processor called “ExtractMediaContent”. This processor gives absolute path of the file but search feature is lost with this processor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Narendra Dev

When you defined your collection fields, did you added the path as a filed? Or you are using dynamic fields?

As an example on your core managed-schema you should have a filed like this:

<field name="path" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" required="true" multiValued="false" />

If you are using dynamic fields make sure the field type is stored otherwise it wont be retrieved when you search.

And last but not least you should make sure you are passing the path as part of the json/xml that is being put to solr.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Narendra Dev

When you defined your collection fields, did you added the path as a filed? Or you are using dynamic fields?

As an example on your core managed-schema you should have a filed like this:

<field name="path" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" required="true" multiValued="false" />

If you are using dynamic fields make sure the field type is stored otherwise it wont be retrieved when you search.

And last but not least you should make sure you are passing the path as part of the json/xml that is being put to solr.

HTH

Thank you for the help. I will try it out as per your suggestion.