Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr cannot find zookeeper config

Explorer

I am on a kerberized CM 7.7.1 private cloud and after watching the "Cloudera Search Training" tutorial, I'd like to create a collection with SolrCloud.

I created a configuration and was able to upload it successfully to Zookeeper:

kinit <my_username>
solrctl instancedir --create testcollection <my_local_path>

This looks alright to me:

solrctl instancedir --list

testcollection
localFSTemplate
managedTemplate
managedTemplateSecure
schemalessTemplate
schemalessTemplateSecure

Calling:

solrctl collection --create testcollection -s 1

Gives the error:
Error: A call to SolrCloud WEB APIs failed:
(there's nothing more)

I suspect it is because no secure connection is being used. I therefore try it with:

solrctl --solr https://<node with solr>:8995/solr collection --create testcollection -s 1

However, Solr cannot find the configuration:

content-security-policy: default-src 'none'; base-uri 'none'; connect-src 'self'; form-action 'self'; font-src 'self'; frame-ancestors 'none'; img-src 'self'; media-src 'self'; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'; script- www-authenticate: Negotiate
... <I removed the part with my username>
{ "responseHeader":{ "status":400, "QTime":25}, "Operation create caused exception:":"org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Can not find the specified config set: testcollection", "exception":{ "msg":"Can not find the specified config set: testcollection", "rspCode":400}, "error":{ "metadata":[ "error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException", "root-error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException"], "msg":"Can not find the specified config set: testcollection", "code":400}}

I would be grateful for any hints, I suspect there is still a problem with our configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

We were able to solve the problem provisionally by adding the following to the ZooKeeper configuration:
zk_server_java_opts: -Dzookeeper.skipACL=yes

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

We were able to solve the problem provisionally by adding the following to the ZooKeeper configuration:
zk_server_java_opts: -Dzookeeper.skipACL=yes