Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Spark integration into Ambari

Rising Star

Hi Guys ,,,for some reason I installed the SPARK on my cluster manually then I realized this can be done thru AMbari also..as it is already running ..I want to add that component to Ambari how can we do without uninstalling the spark ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@ammu ch

This is a loaded question. It depends on the version of Spark you installed, the version of Ambari, the version of HDP, whether you want to use the power of YARN, keep track of configuration changes (keep in mind that Ambari provides configuration management, integration with dashboards etc). It can get complex. Hortonworks does not support this approach. You must a have a serious reason to not use "Add Service" from Ambari to install your new Spark cluster and willing to deal with all these complexities. You should save your Spark configurations and replicate them within Ambari. If you still want to explore the options, please be more specific in versions of the above, plus use of YARN, plus topology of the Spark cluster you installed (multi-node?)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@ammu ch

This is a loaded question. It depends on the version of Spark you installed, the version of Ambari, the version of HDP, whether you want to use the power of YARN, keep track of configuration changes (keep in mind that Ambari provides configuration management, integration with dashboards etc). It can get complex. Hortonworks does not support this approach. You must a have a serious reason to not use "Add Service" from Ambari to install your new Spark cluster and willing to deal with all these complexities. You should save your Spark configurations and replicate them within Ambari. If you still want to explore the options, please be more specific in versions of the above, plus use of YARN, plus topology of the Spark cluster you installed (multi-node?)

Rising Star

Just after this discussion I noticed I am using Amabari 1.7 where there is no Spark instalation

Master Guru

You can leave that old Spark.

But it's best to install via Ambari and used the supported version on YARN.

Shut down the old one or use it for standalone purposes