Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop Export Error - Need Help

Contributor

Hi Friends,

I need one help.

I am trying to export data from HDFS to MySQL using Sqoop Export and staging table in MySQL. But it is failing and I am not able to understand the reason. I have attached the script I am executing. Please help me to resolve the error and kindly explain what did I do wrong ?

problem-1.txt

Thanking you

Santanu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Santanu Ghosh

During Sqoop export, Staging table should be identical in structure to the destination table. I see in your tables datatype of third column is different.

Can you update and then try.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

@Santanu Ghosh

During Sqoop export, Staging table should be identical in structure to the destination table. I see in your tables datatype of third column is different.

Can you update and then try.

Contributor

Thanks @rtrivedi for your help and response. It is now resolved. Also,

I made a small modification to my sqoop code.

I changed --input-null-string '\\N' instead of --input-null-string 'Unknown' (used previously).

I am mentioning the entire sqoop code.

sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/my_db --username root --password-file /user/cloudera/textdata/sq_pwd_1.txt \ --export-dir /user/cloudera/hivedata/employee --table employee --staging-table employee_stg --clear-staging-table \ --input-null-string '\\N' --input-null-non-string '\\N' --input-fields-terminated-by "," --input-lines-terminated-by "\n" -m 1

Thanking you

Santanu