Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop command is stuck due to need of hive username and password and unable to directly importing the table from oracle to HIVE.

When i open the hive terminal using "beeline" or "Hive" command,hive terminal asks for the username and password then i can able to login Hive.Then I run "beeline -u jdbc:hive2://aisvr.uildomain.com:2181/default;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2",this command open the hive terminal asking me any username and password.Sqoop command is stuck due to need of hive username and password .Please let me know how to set the username and password for hive so i can login without need of the same and execute sqoop command too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

When you connect using below connect string

beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://aisvr.uildomain.com:2181/default;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2"

Username and Password will not be prompted, if you wish to pass Username and password you can use -n for Username and -p for Password, for example.

beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://aisvr.uildomain.com:2181/default;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2" -n testuser -p passwordusertest

For more information you can refer Beeline doc: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

When you connect using below connect string

beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://aisvr.uildomain.com:2181/default;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2"

Username and Password will not be prompted, if you wish to pass Username and password you can use -n for Username and -p for Password, for example.

beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://aisvr.uildomain.com:2181/default;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2" -n testuser -p passwordusertest

For more information you can refer Beeline doc: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients

Super Collaborator

@Gourav Gupta Please let me know if above helps? You can mark the answer as accepted.