Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop import from teradata using fast export method

New Contributor

Hello all,

Having an issue with sqooping from a Teradata database when using the Teradata method "--fast-export", example sqoop query is below

``` import

-Dhadoop.security.credential.provider.path=jceks:/PATH/TO/password/password.jcecks

-Dteradata.db.job.data.dictionary.usexviews=false

--connect

jdbc:teradata://DATABASE

--password-alias

password.alias

--username

USER

--connection-manager

org.apache.sqoop.teradata.TeradataConnManager

--fields-terminated-by

'\t'

--lines-terminated-by

'\n'

--null-non-string

''

--null-string

''

--num-mappers

--split-by

column3

--target-dir

/THE/TARGET/DIR

--query

SELECT column1,column2,column3 WHERE column3 > '2020-01-01 00:00:00' and column3 <= '2020-01-12 10:41:20' AND $CONDITIONS

--

--method

internal.fastexport ```

The error I am getting is

**Caused by: com.teradata.connector.common.exception.ConnectorException: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC ] [Error 3524] [SQLState 42000] The user does not have CREATE VIEW access to database DATABASE.**

I suspect fast export will implement a staging table/view to be temporarily created, and the job under the hood will be ingesting from the temp table. Is this a sqoop mechanism and is it possible to turn it off? 

Alternatively is there a better way to do the same import.

I should note that sensitive information(server details) has been removed from the question and that the sqoop query runs fine when I do not use faster export

Thanks

Dan

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@DPez,

I know that split.by.partition does require CREATE VIEW privilege, see table below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.42.32 am.png

I believe that fastexport is new, and it might have the same requirement. However, I can't find official documentation to support it.

Maybe other community members can validate.

Cheers

Eric

New Contributor

Hi Eric

Thanks for the response, did some digging off the back of your answer and I believe you are correct it is the split by that is causing the problem. Will test it and post the results here

Super Guru
@DPez,

Yeah, please share the result with your research.

Cheers
Eric