Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop import remaining tables into HDFS

Solved Go to solution

Sqoop import remaining tables into HDFS

New Contributor

I have a database that contains about 830 tables. I tried doing a sqoop import-all-tables and it imported about 150 tables and failed on one table.

1. Is there a way for me to specify exclusions in the sqoop command?

2. How do I sqoop import the remaining 680 tables? When i use the same sqoop command, it fails as it specifies that some tables are already exisiting?

Here is the sqoop command used:

sqoop import-all-tables --connect "jdbc:sqlserver://192.169.108.64;database=axios; username=sqoop;password=hadoop" --warehouse-dir=/user/Axios -m 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sqoop import remaining tables into HDFS

@Mahadevan Swamy

You can use --exclude-tables <tables> Option [Comma separated list of tables to exclude from import process] with the sqoop import-all-tables command.

Hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2

@Mahadevan Swamy

You can use --exclude-tables <tables> Option [Comma separated list of tables to exclude from import process] with the sqoop import-all-tables command.

Hope this helps.

@Mahadevan Swamy

Did the above mentioned property helped in addressing your query? If yes, Could you please login and mark this answer as "Accept" to close this thread.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here