Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Starting shutdown. org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException: hbase:namespace

Rising Star

I am getting an error in hbase while starting it in HDP. I am using HDP-2.3.2

ERROR while starting Hbase Master TableExistsexception and Loaded coprocessors

2016-09-17 04:47:58,238 FATAL [master:hb-qa:60000] master.HMaster: Master server abort: loaded coprocessors are: [] 2016-09-17 04:47:58,239 FATAL [master:hb-qa:60000] master.HMaster: Unhandled exception. Starting shutdown. org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException: hbase:namespace at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.handler.CreateTableHandler.prepare(CreateTableHandler.java:133) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TableNamespaceManager.createNamespaceTable(TableNamespaceManager.java:232) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TableNamespaceManager.start(TableNamespaceManager.java:86) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.initNamespace(HMaster.java:1046) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization(HMaster.java:925) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.run(HMaster.java:605) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Can someone help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@arjun more

This might help you please try it,

There should be a table named by namespace for maintaining the inforamtion of tables, which is already exists as your error states. While starting the process HMaster it will create the namespace directory under /hbase directory So thats why it i showing the Table Exists Exception.

We have to manually repair the Hbase Metastore by using offline command as,

$HBASE_HOME/bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.hbck.OfflineMetaRepair

Start Hbase.

If it is not working use the zookeeper client for removing it from the Hbase Master host,

$ZK_HOME/bin/zkCli.sh -server <ZK_SERVER>

-> ls /

-> rmr /hbase

-> exit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@arjun more

A workaround that i think at this point may be:

1) Stop All region servers

2) Login to Master then perform the removal of "/hbase-unsecure" (i assume your cluster is non kerberized)

hbase zkcli
rmr /hbase-unsecure

3). Restart HBase

NOTE: You should always think twice before running "rmr /hbase-unsecure"

Rising Star

@Jay SenSharma The /hbase-unsecure is not present in my case. No znode with the name /hbase-unsecure.

@arjun more

This might help you please try it,

There should be a table named by namespace for maintaining the inforamtion of tables, which is already exists as your error states. While starting the process HMaster it will create the namespace directory under /hbase directory So thats why it i showing the Table Exists Exception.

We have to manually repair the Hbase Metastore by using offline command as,

$HBASE_HOME/bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.hbck.OfflineMetaRepair

Start Hbase.

If it is not working use the zookeeper client for removing it from the Hbase Master host,

$ZK_HOME/bin/zkCli.sh -server <ZK_SERVER>

-> ls /

-> rmr /hbase

-> exit

Master Mentor

@nshelke

Perfect solution, thanks.