Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Storm Starter Unable to Delete File

Rising Star

I'm running a sample topology from storm-starter in local mode but an encountering an error

14:16:24.038 [Thread-16] ERROR o.a.s.e.EventManagerImp - {} Error when processing event
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:\Users\<UserId>\AppData\Local\Temp\ef9408c7-6ad6-432f-928c-e01ded7f4c33\supervisor\tmp\b44d290f-ff15-46cf-b39e-ab02cf93a451\stormconf.ser
	at org.apache.storm.daemon.supervisor.SyncSupervisorEvent.run(SyncSupervisorEvent.java:173) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.event.EventManagerImp$1.run(EventManagerImp.java:54) [storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:\Users\<UserId>\AppData\Local\Temp\ef9408c7-6ad6-432f-928c-e01ded7f4c33\supervisor\tmp\b44d290f-ff15-46cf-b39e-ab02cf93a451\stormconf.ser
	at org.apache.storm.shade.org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:2381) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.shade.org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:1679) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.shade.org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:1575) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.shade.org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.moveDirectory(FileUtils.java:2916) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.daemon.supervisor.SyncSupervisorEvent.downloadLocalStormCode(SyncSupervisorEvent.java:354) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.daemon.supervisor.SyncSupervisorEvent.downloadStormCode(SyncSupervisorEvent.java:326) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.storm.daemon.supervisor.SyncSupervisorEvent.run(SyncSupervisorEvent.java:122) ~[storm-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	... 1 more

Would appreciate any assistance to solve this. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

I remember having this issue a long time ago. It's amazing it still lingers. I don't remember my workaround but perhaps the dirty way to clean up is to comment out the kill and shutdown statements http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16658779/twitter-storm-example-running-in-local-mode-cannot-delet...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

I remember having this issue a long time ago. It's amazing it still lingers. I don't remember my workaround but perhaps the dirty way to clean up is to comment out the kill and shutdown statements http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16658779/twitter-storm-example-running-in-local-mode-cannot-delet...

Rising Star

Hi @Artem Ervits I came across and tried the suggestion in that page but still encountered the same errors after commenting out the kill and shutdown statements... the error appears to be caused during the submission / startup stage?

Master Mentor

Please try to match your pom.xml versions to your cluster, I noticed you're using Storm 2.0 dependency

Rising Star

Great catch! Thanks a lot for your assistance, it is working now.