Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Subscriptions regarding HDF/HDP

Rising Star

Trying to determine if HDF/HDP is a valid choice going forward.

Using this document (https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/paywall-expansion.html), it seems like these legacy tools require to an active subscription to download the binaries (as well as get support like bug-fixes and such).

My question is if I set up a HDF/HDP cluster while I have an active subscription, then subscription lapses, what happens? Do I need to shutdown the cluster? Can I spin up local hosts and add them to a pre-existing cluster? What are the limitations? What about older clusters before this paywall was in place?

EDIT: Adding this link here: https://www.cloudera.com/products/pricing/pricing-update.html

"Subscription for binary access

A key part of adopting the Red Hat model was that access to enterprise software binaries requires an active subscription. Cloudera requires a subscription to any compute and storage capacity assigned to run Cloudera software. All Cloudera software version releases, maintenance and security releases, and new product releases require a subscription."

What does this bolded part mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello Eric_B,

As you mentioned that highlighted line means you will not receive any support, hotfix, patch, or latest version of HDP once your license has lapsed. Clusters will work for you but without the support from Cloudera.

You need to move to CDP Public or Private cloud.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Hello Eric_B,

As you mentioned that highlighted line means you will not receive any support, hotfix, patch, or latest version of HDP once your license has lapsed. Clusters will work for you but without the support from Cloudera.

You need to move to CDP Public or Private cloud.

Let me know if you have any further queries.