Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Support for premium managed disks with Cloudbreak on Azure

Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom template and pick premium managed disks for masters and standard managed disks for workers.
The documentation details the option of selecting "Volume Type" for making such a distinction.
https://hortonworks.github.io/cloudbreak-azure-docs/azure-config/index.html under "Custom template".

However, in my Cloudbreak GUI, I dont see the "Volume type" dropdown.
What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
Anagha

40710-cloudbbreak-custom-template.png

docs.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anagha Khanolkar

Good observation, at the point of the early adopter implementation, only Standard LRS storage was supported for managed disks, Premium LRS was introduced since then, so "Volume type" is hidden from the UI and going with .

Premium managed disks will be supported in the near future version of Cloudbreak. Would you like to use Premium LRS?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anagha Khanolkar

Good observation, at the point of the early adopter implementation, only Standard LRS storage was supported for managed disks, Premium LRS was introduced since then, so "Volume type" is hidden from the UI and going with .

Premium managed disks will be supported in the near future version of Cloudbreak. Would you like to use Premium LRS?

Hope this helps!

Contributor

@pdarvasi:
Thanks for the quick response. Yes- would like to use premium managed disks for master nodes. Also, in lower environments for workers, use standard managed disks, and in production, premium. This is a need for an customer. Can this be rolled out quickly? If yes, do share timelines. Thanks.

@Anagha Khanolkar

Feature timing-wise, unfortunately I cannot make any statements so you should contact the sales or solution engineer contact of your customer.