Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TDCH export from hive to teradata

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I am using TDCH 1.3 to export data from Hive to Teradata. I added HADOOP_CLASSPATH and HIve home, Hcat home and Sqoop home and HCAT_LIB_JARS and passed this in TDCH command.

export HCAT_LIB_JARS=${HCAT_HOME}/share/hcatalog/hive-hcatalog-core.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-cli.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-exec.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-metastore.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/libfb303-0.9.2.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/libthrift-0.9.2.jar,$HIVE_HOME/lib/jdo-api-3.0.1.jar

I get the following error. I added all the jars I found the HcatInputFormat class also (the one that is said as missing) in the hive-hcatalog jars ${HCAT_HOME}/share/hcatalog/hive-hcatalog-core.jar. But the path is slightly different in this.

org/apache/hive/hcatalog/mapreduce/HCatInputFormat.class --> highlighted the difference.

But this class is reported as missing when it is in different path. How to fix this?

16/03/23 17:33:41 INFO tool.ConnectorExportTool: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hcatalog/mapreduce/HCatInputFormat
        at com.teradata.connector.hcat.processor.HCatInputProcessor.inputPreProcessor(HCatInputProcessor.java:41)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi I just tried again the next day. I didnt change anything. Same variables for hadoop home hive home, hcat home and Hcat lib jars. Today it worked with both 1.3 and 1.4 TDCH.. Not sure why it didnt work the first time.

Thanks for your time and help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

Org.apache.hcatalog.mapreduce.HcatInputFormat is pretty old, pre-0.13 Hive. Hcatalog was moved into Hive and vorrwct package is org.apache.hive.hcatalog.mapreduce.HcatInputFormat. you might have version mismatch and or missing libs. Hdp 2.3 is at Hive 1.2.1. Hope that helps, great question.

Here's the HcatLoader wiki, there is info on what jars you need to include rather than guessing yourself.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AdminManual+Installation

Hortonworks Connector for Teradata v1.4.1 is available from downloads, it should work well with HDP-2.3.2.

Expert Contributor

Hi I just tried again the next day. I didnt change anything. Same variables for hadoop home hive home, hcat home and Hcat lib jars. Today it worked with both 1.3 and 1.4 TDCH.. Not sure why it didnt work the first time.

Thanks for your time and help!