Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Tab Delimited File as Upload Table not able to recognise columns in Hive.

Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to load a tab delimited text file in Hive using Upload Table interface in HDP 2.6 Sandbox. I am able to upload files using the Upload Table interface when the files are comma or pipe separated. However, when it's a tab delimited, all data is displayed in a single column in preview and also the table definition below, is a single columnar, by default.

I don't know what the issue is. The file was downloaded from web, but when I create another similar file manually, that also gets into problem (the table definition has only one column).

Could anyone please help?

Thank you.

Regards,

Manoj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @Manoj Dixit

I just downloaded a sample TSV file with public data as well, and am able to reproduce your issue when using Hive View 2.0 I tried the same thing with the original hive view (not 2.0), and it does appear to work correctly. - see the screenshot included. Using the older hive view should get you around the issue for now. I'll be submitting this in case it is a bug, and will update if if is not.

16599-screen-shot-2017-06-28-at-95833-am.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

Hi @Manoj Dixit

I just downloaded a sample TSV file with public data as well, and am able to reproduce your issue when using Hive View 2.0 I tried the same thing with the original hive view (not 2.0), and it does appear to work correctly. - see the screenshot included. Using the older hive view should get you around the issue for now. I'll be submitting this in case it is a bug, and will update if if is not.

16599-screen-shot-2017-06-28-at-95833-am.png

Contributor

Thanks @Sonu Sahi. Please let me know what's the outcome.

Guru

hi @Manoj Dixit

We have a case open on the issue intenrally now 🙂