Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TailFile Multiple Directory Same File not working in nifi 1.6.0?

New Contributor

I am facing a very similar issue as in the issue https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/141403/in-nifi-tailing-multiple-directories-with-the-sam....

I tried the solution in the above question. The only difference is that there is no 'Rolling Strategy' property available as I'm using nifi 1.6.0 and Rolling Strategy seems to be removed in this commit. Given below is my configuration.

Tailing mode

Multiple files

File(s) to Tail

test[1-3]/flowlog.csv

Rolling Filename Pattern No value set Base directory

C:/cw-data

Initial Start Position

Beginning of File

State Location

Local

Recursive lookup

true

Lookup frequency

5 minutes

Maximum age

24 hours

I'm changing the file C:/cw-data/test1/flowlog.csv, but it is not working.

I'm new in nifi. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Raghu VN

As you are using Windows os and the specified path(with forward slashes) will work fine for single file as Tailing Mode.

For Multiple files not able to read the regex that you are specifying in files to tail.

I have recreated your scenario and with the below configs i'm able to tail multiple files
Change the configs in your TailFile processor as keep two back slashes(\) on File(s) to Tail and Base directory property values

77571-tailfile.png

Tailing mode

Multiple files

File(s) to Tail

test[1-3]\flowlog.csv

Rolling Filename Pattern

flowlog.csv

Base directory

C:\cw-data

Initial Start Position

Beginning of File

State Location

Local

Recursive lookup

true

Lookup frequency

10 minutes

Maximum age

24 hours

If you are using linux the directory path will have forward slashes(/) will work without any issues but in windows directory path will have back slashes we need to keep two back slashes(\) to get correct directory path.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@Raghu VN

As you are using Windows os and the specified path(with forward slashes) will work fine for single file as Tailing Mode.

For Multiple files not able to read the regex that you are specifying in files to tail.

I have recreated your scenario and with the below configs i'm able to tail multiple files
Change the configs in your TailFile processor as keep two back slashes(\) on File(s) to Tail and Base directory property values

77571-tailfile.png

Tailing mode

Multiple files

File(s) to Tail

test[1-3]\flowlog.csv

Rolling Filename Pattern

flowlog.csv

Base directory

C:\cw-data

Initial Start Position

Beginning of File

State Location

Local

Recursive lookup

true

Lookup frequency

10 minutes

Maximum age

24 hours

If you are using linux the directory path will have forward slashes(/) will work without any issues but in windows directory path will have back slashes we need to keep two back slashes(\) to get correct directory path.

New Contributor

Thanks for your help. That was the problem.