Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Test connection getting failed while added Hive and other services in Cluster

Explorer

Hi All, 

Kindly help me in adding services to the cluster. I have been struggling to add Hive and other services as the Test connection is getting failed with the error. Able to find server and databases, and logon failed. 

The error in the scm logs state no pg_hba.con available for the host and user. However, have checked them all. 

Also, attached are the pictures as I work on a remote desktop where I cannot login to this platform. 

Kindly assist. 

Thanks, 
AnsarHive connection failed logs.pngHive connection failed.pngpg_hba conf file 2.pngpg_hba conf file.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Can you follow the steps mentioned in this link 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cm_ig_extrnl_pstgrs.html#cmig_topic...

Specifically these lines

if you want to access PostgreSQL from a different host, replace 127.0.0.1 with your IP address and update postgresql.conf, which is typically found in the same place as pg_hba.conf, to include: listen_addresses = '*'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

@jsensharma 

@MattWho 

@Shelton 

I understand this might be a stupid question but I am struggling to proceed in addition of the services. I am looking for an assistance, as I got some deliverable responsibilities today. 

I appreciate your time and response on this. 

Thanks, 
Ansar

Master Collaborator

Can you follow the steps mentioned in this link 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cm_ig_extrnl_pstgrs.html#cmig_topic...

Specifically these lines

if you want to access PostgreSQL from a different host, replace 127.0.0.1 with your IP address and update postgresql.conf, which is typically found in the same place as pg_hba.conf, to include: listen_addresses = '*'

Explorer

@venkatsambath 

Thanks for the assistance. I followed the same some time back and it worked, I had to add my ip address where postgresql is installed. That worked for me. 

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Ansar