Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Tez UI in HDP2.6

Solved Go to solution

Tez UI in HDP2.6

Expert Contributor

I am using hdp2.6 and would like to properly use Tez UI.

The tez view is available, if I go there I see queries, can click on a query id and follow to the dag ID, but I do not have all I expect.

• DAG Details and DAG Counters look good.
  • Graphical View tells me: Data not available to display graphical view! No vertex data found in YARN Timeline Server.
  • All Vertices, All Tasks and All Task Attempts tell me: No records available!
  • Vertex Swimlane tells me: Data not available to display swimlane! No vertex data found in YARN Timeline Server.

I have seen the documentation relative to the manual install of HDP, saying to download a war file, but I do not believe this is what I should be doing here as I am using the ambari install from the cluster.

tez.tez-ui.history-url.base is http://$ambari_ip:8080/#/main/view/TEZ/tez_cluster_instance which is indeed the URL where I can reach the tez view.

Is there anything obvious I could have forgotten?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Tez UI in HDP2.6

Super Mentor

@Guillaume Roger

1. Please check if the parameter 'tez.am.view-acls' value is set to * (not blank)

Ambari UI -> MapReduce2 -> Configs -> Advanced tez-site -->  Add -->   tez.am.view-acls = *

2. Also please check if the value of "yarn.timeline-service.entity-group-fs-store.group-id-plugin-classes" in yarn-site.xml is set to "org.apache.tez.dag.history.logging.ats.TimelineCachePluginImpl"

3. Also for MR jobs please check if the property is set correctlt "mapreduce.job.acl-view-job"

Ambari UI -> MapReduce2 -> Configs -> Add -->  mapreduce.job.acl-view-job = *

4. Is this a kerberized Cluster?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Guillaume Roger

1. Please check if the parameter 'tez.am.view-acls' value is set to * (not blank)

Ambari UI -> MapReduce2 -> Configs -> Advanced tez-site -->  Add -->   tez.am.view-acls = *

2. Also please check if the value of "yarn.timeline-service.entity-group-fs-store.group-id-plugin-classes" in yarn-site.xml is set to "org.apache.tez.dag.history.logging.ats.TimelineCachePluginImpl"

3. Also for MR jobs please check if the property is set correctlt "mapreduce.job.acl-view-job"

Ambari UI -> MapReduce2 -> Configs -> Add -->  mapreduce.job.acl-view-job = *

4. Is this a kerberized Cluster?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

1) was ok, 2) and 3) were not good and no it's not a kerberized cluster.

After the fixes you suggested it all seems to work as expected. Thanks a million!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here